DISCLAIMER: mywiffiext.net is an independent service provider of technical support services for various third party brands and does not own any of the brands we support. Use of names, trademarks is for reference only. Technical support for Netgear is available for free on Netgear official site.
WN1000RP extender, also known as a wireless repeater, helps in boosting up the speed of your existing WiFi network.
There are two ways through which you can set up the extender: the WPS method and the web browser method. During the process of installation, it is required to place devices (wireless router and wireless computer) in the same room. Once completed, you can move them to their required location, but within the range only.
WEB BROWSER METHOD:
* Plug in both the router and power booster (WN1000RP) into an electrical outlet, within the range of each other.
* Once the status of light on your WN1000RP is solid green, use a wireless network on the wired or wireless device in order to connect to the SSID network.
* Once the connection with your wireless device is recognized, the light will turn into solid green. Then, you can connect your network to the WiFi booster.
* Next, what you need to do is open a web browser and in the address bar, type www.mywifiext.net.
* This will take you directly to the on-screen setup page.
* The above-given site and the IP address always help you set up the settings of your WiFi booster. But the condition is that you need to be connected with your WiFi booster network.
* Select the name of the main WiFi router and hit Continue.
* Again, click on Continue after typing in the network key.
* Apply all the extender settings by filling up all the credentials and then hit Continue.
You can also change the wireless settings of your existing network.
* Apply the settings on extender.
* Once the settings have been applied successfully, you can connect your wireless devices to the newly created wireless network.
* Once connected, check the box next to “My wireless devices are connected to the extender network”.
* Hit Continue.
* The Internet is now ready to be used by you. Click Finish and access it.
* Plug your WiFi WN1000RP extender into an electric socket by pressing the ON/OFF button located on the side panel of your range extender and wait for LED lights on the extender to turn solid green.
* Push the WPS button.
* Within one to two minutes, push the WPS button on your wireless router.
* Once the connection between both the devices (router and the extender) is recognized, the Link Rate LED will become visible.
* Once a wireless device is connected to the extender WN1000RP, the WiFi device to booster light will turn on.
If you are still involved in troubleshooting of the above-given two processes and failed to set up, no need to get hyped or frustrated. All you need to do is simply grab your phone and call us on our toll-free number 1-855-439-4345 now.